Saursapiens (also known as Archosians) are a sapient species of beings native to the island of Archosa.
They accepted Carapar's rule during the League of Six Kingdoms' takeover, and became major weapons suppliers during the League of Six Kingdoms War and Barraki Islands War. They ended up making a treaty with the Noctian Islands during the latter conflict to produce faulty weapons for the opposing factions.
Shortly after, the Saursapiens demanded that the Necronites lower price rates for the parts and tools they supplied, though the Necronites needed them as well. The argument eventually lead to several Necronite bandits and criminals ambushing Saursapien cargo vessels and selling their loot to the Necronites on Nocterra.
Believing the leaders of Nocterra ordered such thefts, the Archosan government sent strike teams of Saursapiens and Lepidians to Nocterra to sabotage their factories. This eventually lead to the Necronites declaring war on Archosa, a war that lasted over three years before the Brotherhood of Makuta finally managed to calm the warring lands, who finally compromised and came to an uneasy truce.
Abilities and TraitsEdit
Saursapiens are an ancient people, usually standing roughly eight to eight and a half feet tall, and having a reptilian appearance. They possess large spikes that run down the length of the back. Males tend to be slightly larger than females and sport larger, more pronounced back spikes. They have large claws and muscular tails.
Saursapiens are known to possess four natural abilities:
- They have impressive physical stamina, granting them great strength and durability.
- They are amphibious, allowing them to breathe both air and water.
- Saurapiens can absorb the properties of any solid substance they are touching.
- They are capable of shielding their minds from telepathy and other forms of mental probing.
Social Structure and InteractionsEdit
While short tempered and stubborn at times, Saursapiens are generally peaceful. They rarely get involved in disputes that could lead to wars, preferring to solve such matters with peace. This, however, does not mean the Saursapien military is anything to be taken lightly. Archosa possesses one of the most feared fighting forces known.
Saursapiens are highly intelligent and possess an inventive nature. They are known to be master craftsmen and carvers
- "Saursapien" is a combination of Greek and Latin words. "Saur" is derived form the Greek word σαῦρος, or sauros, which means "lizard" or "reptile". "Sapien" is Latin for "wise". So, Saursapien translates into "Wise Lizard", or Wise Reptile".